It Wasn't Easy, But It Was Worth It!Loving life and living free from alcohol! Not one drop since 7/16/18... one year, two months, seventeen days according to my Sober Time app.
444 days without alcohol means:
- I've saved over 220,000 calories.
- I've saved more than $2,600.
- No hangovers. Ever.
- My skin is healthy and glowing.
- I've lost 75 pounds (somewhat to do with not drinking; much more to do with a program called Optavia. Amazing! I lost 75 pounds in 8 months + 4 days).
- My meals out are half the price of what I used to spend.
- I never have worry or regret about what I did or said last night.
- I have a lot more energy.
- I can always get myself home safely.
- I can always get my friends home safely.
- I'm much braver now. I sing out loud off key, show off my not-so-great dance moves, speak my mind, and show more of myself (physically and mentally) to my husband
- I don't get sick as often... brown-bottle flu or any other! My body is healthier.
- My liver is happy and healthy.
- I am always in control of my words and emotions.
- I don't wake up with mysterious bruises or aches/pains that I can't explain.
- Sex with the hubs is off the charts!
- I remember things very clearly.
- Life is drama free and I worry less.
- My dog is happier because now I can take brisk walks with her instead of sort of slumping along the concrete, hating myself and shielding my eyes/face/life from the sun, neighbors, and the great outdoors.
- Headache free days... every day!
- No intestinal cramping, acid reflux, sleepless nights, aching joints, stuffy sinuses, dehydration, or vitamin absorption issues.
- No waking up already tired and cranky and then being moody, unpredictable, and agitated all day.
- No puffy, swollen face
- No increased risk of cancer or heart/liver disease
- I am putting back together the marriage I was ruining.
Why would I ever go back? Why would I ever look at that list and wish to have back that soul-sucking existence? I wouldn't. I can't. I won't.
I prayed so hard for strength and courage. God, as always, came through for me. Life is just too good over here on this side. I choose to stay.